Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Break Day 4

 On Sunday, we did a nice leisurely eight mile stroll.  
I'd read about a slot canyon that was an eight mile round trip through Little Wildhorse canyon and Bell canyon that was good for kids.  And they were mostly right.  It brought back memories of spelunking in Logan Cave; up and over boulders, freezing water, except in the daylight.
I opted to take my shoes and socks off and wade through the watery parts, not daring to scale myself between the rock walls.  I threw my shoes to Justin, one falling in the water, so had one soggy shoe the rest of the hike.
At one point, there were several areas that were deep and not easily passable.  I talked Justin in to carrying us smaller and woosier folk across.  He was helping Jacob, but couldn't help him the whole way, ending up with Jacob in the water.  I got a video, but I need to figure out how to get it on the computer.
When we got back to our campsite the kids immediately went to explore the campsite next to us.  I thought they would be exhausted, but nope.  They brought back some firewood so we could have smores and also saturate Justin's van for weeks, reeking of smoke.  We read a few talks from The Friends magazine around the campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment