Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 2

We listened to Fireflies by Owl City at least 10 times.  Allison loves it.  It is a super catchy tune.  Plus we had seen them the night before, fireflies that is, so it made it even more fun.

I was excited to stop at Sierra Trading post in hopes of finding some awesome clearance shoes, but only found one pair for Allison at a whopping  $7.50.

Made a detour to buy mosquito nets at the  WalMart in Cheyenne, but finally got on the scenic drive to Medicine Bow.

There was an amazing storm going on off to the south and west of us.  So amazingly beautiful.  I wanted to stop and take pictures and told the kids to plan on posing for me.  When I finally found a place I liked, we got out and SWARMS of mosquitoes came out to kill us!  Get back in the car quick!  I grabbed the repellant and took a few pics.
Met up with Mom and Dad at Pine Campground with not even getting slightly lost at all.  It’s so awesome to see them and have the kids spend time with them again..  It’s been almost a year since they’ve seen each other.  Poor little Ammon was still down in the dumps this evening.  It’s also sad to see how much damage the pine beetles have done. 
Jacob was very animated telling my dad about a Lake Superior Agate found by one of his class mates.


No comments:

Post a Comment