Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My kids are great.  They let me sleep in.  Isaac made waffles (from scratch).  
He also did the dishes without me asking.  Isaac, Allison, and Ammon all made me cards.  Ammon's included two dollars taped to the back.  Justin mailed me a nice letter.
We skipped church for a somewhat lame reason.  We were all dressed and ready to go and had been invited for lunch at LaMon and Barbara's (which was yummy and I'm going to miss these guys!)
There we talked about the hand/foot/mouth virus going around church.  Boy do I not want to have to deal with this, so we stayed home.
In the afternoon Jacob drove us to Tamarack Park in White Bear Lake.  Super fun!  I wish we'd had more time to spend in the kids area, but it closes at 4:30.  We hiked one of the shorter hikes and saw some wild life:  three painted turtles and an otter.  Everyone was happy.  Which makes me happy.
 
 
 I want to make this walk way.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 There were many of these forts/teepees along the trail.
 Jack in the Pulpit.  The biggest one I've ever see!  It was over two feet tall.
 Allison feeling the Tamarack tree.  Soft.
Painted turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment